Green Home Video

I have written about the green home in Tiburon … now here is a video!

[facebook_ilike]

Posted in Essays, Green Perspectives, Personal Stories

1. Simon says:

Thanks for sharing your experience, which it is valuable for other people with a similar mindset and goals.

At a smaller level, I have recently become interested in building a solar mobile phone charger (with a battery), which will make me feel somehow better about the abuse my smartphone suffers.

2. Colleen says:

Thanks for posting the video Frank. I hope your travels are enjoyable and that you have a wonderful holiday.

3. Jason Marsh says:

It’s exciting to see the house in its finished form and glory, and thanks fo posting the video.
    I’m amazed to keep seeing stories in the press describing the “gradually creeping” revolution… developers are finally starting to get it: bigger is no longer better, one-size-fits-all is going to fade away. Perhaps the huge energy-wasters will be replaced with the Not So Big Home and the Not So Big lifestyle will become the norm. The only question is, how long wil it take?

4. Ruth Marsh says:

Beautiful home, made all the more so knowing that it’s humming along efficiently on solar power. I would love more details on how you got your ‘dashboard’ set up – what software or special hardware (meters, etc) is required to have that minute-by-minute or year-over-year view of your home’s energy use?
    We’ve started swapping our lights for LED lights – every step we take feels great.

• Frank says:

Thanks Ruth. I used a system from AgileWaves but that company is now more focused on commercial installations rather then individual homes. i will look into other ways you can do this. The LED lights we installed 1-2 years ago are all still on. In fact, we also use some CF and even some dimmable CFs and not a single lamp in the home has had to be replaced. The new technologies have such long lives. The LEDs may last the lifetime of the home. Wow. Best to you, Frank

5. Frank, a beautiful installation… We posted your video on our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/EndlessPools Thanks for sharing.

• Frank says:

Still working on the right configuration for the solar heat for the pool. Right now it works for about 7 months of the year. But I believe with some changes this can be increased to more like 9 months per year. When I am done, I will share the design with you.